With the news of Stephanie Pender leaving BD Recruitment, I thought I’d temporarily annoy the #mancseo community by advertising a couple of jobs on the site!
I have been told of 2 jobs that are available in South Manchester. These jobs are for:
Unfortunately I cannot give any more details out other than what is in the job specs. To apply for the job please fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Below are the job descriptions for both jobs.
Please note that these jobs are in-house and are not within Pleer.
- Reports To: Managing Director
- Department: E-Commerce
To be the driving force of our E-Commerce function and strategy ensuring that the E-Commerce function and all other key stakeholders work together to deliver a website that is the best in class from usability and conversion to robustness and scalability.
Key areas of responsibility
- Website –lead the project team and stakeholders for all projects related to our website
- ConversionAVO – plan and execute improvements to our conversion rate and AVO
- Web Analytics – To monitor analytics and management reports and highlight areas of failure and success, then develop recommendations and take appropriate action
- User experience – To deliver a best in class online customer experience, making it both easy and enjoyable to shop.
- Research – Monitor other industry leading websites with online trends and ensure recommendations are made to help keep the business at the forefront of e-commerce
- To understand the information requirements of the business, all its operating departments and routes to market to ensure that the right decisions are made concerning the development of E-commerce systems.
- To work closely with the key stakeholders of the business to ensure our E-Commerce offering is best in class.
- To critically review and identify areas of improvement / modernisation in the current systems employed to meet these needs.
- To establish a comprehensive framework for the future provision of E-Commerce.
- To embrace the latest change management and audit techniques for our E-Commerce systems
- To play a lead role in the development of a long term E-Commerce strategy.
- In consultation with the board to agree an annual E-Commerce plan with recommendations for implementation, specification of deliverables and accurate timecost estimates.
- To play a major part in the implementation of the aforementioned strategy through the development of shorter term E-Commerce plans.
- To educate and raise awareness of E-Commerce capabilities within the business.
- To work with users, external suppliers and consultants to keep abreast of all technological developments in the market and manage new applications to the highest possible standards to meet the needs of the users in the business at the most cost effective price.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of new developments, applications and techniques in online retailing.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities and create and manage procedures/policies in line with company requirements. Devise and implement revised processes in order to improve compliance levels.
- Oversee the E-Commerce team and ensure it is adequately trained and “fit for purpose”.
- Act as the centre of excellence and technical expert for E-Commerce across the group and externally.
- Devise and implement all relevant E-Commerce operational process and procedures.
- Manage a team of employees.
- Review all E-Commerce systems and procedures and introduce efficiency improvements across relevant areas.
- Appropriate Professional IT Qualifications relating to both the technology and applications.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Educated to Degree level.
- Minimum of 4 years experience leading a successful E-Commerce department / business and comfortable working at both the strategic and operational level.
- Live, breathe and have a passion for all things Internet.
- IDM Digital Marketing qualification or equivalent is desirable.
- High level of IT literacy and a genuine keen interest in leading edge industry issues.
- Experience of International e-commerce is highly desirable.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Technical excellence
- Attention to detail
- Web savvy
- Flexibility. Ability to meet deadlines and achieve targets.
- Strategic thinker
- People Management skills
- Ability to successfully interact with colleagues
- Reports To: Marketing Manager
- Department: Marketing
To be responsible for the development and management of the company’s paid search activity across Search Engines and Web Comparison sites. To support the Marketing Manager in other areas of marketing as required.
- Manage paid search activity including keyword generation, negative keywords, creative copy writing and testing
- Co-ordinate bid and budget management, gathering actionable data from various sources to ensure consistent and continual optimization of the Company’s paid search activity
- Generate and distribute management reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of paid search performance and trends
- Develop, manage and leverage relationships with search engines to further optimize the Company’s paid search activity
- Oversee day-to-day bid management and optimisation of campaigns
- Undertake various testing projects and plans to improve performance, such as creation and optimisation of landing pages
- Actively work to improve key PPC metrics, ensuring that all content is proofed effectively and to a high standard, and in line with brand guidelines
- Support marketing campaigns and product launches through PPC activities
- Research competitor search marketing activities and keep up to date with latest trends, technologies and methods
- Ensure all industry best practices and legal requirements are adhered to at all times
- Support the Marketing Manager on an ad hoc basis
- Become familiar with our product range, maintaining an up to date knowledge of latest activity, trends and news
- Take responsibility for personal development in order to develop role competence
- Help maintain a clean, tidy and organised work environment to ensure that a professional and efficient level of work is adhered to
- Be part of the Marketing & PR team
- Manage the Company’s search marketing function
- Co-ordinate with all key departments
- Liaise with external suppliers and representatives
- Marketing or related degree
- Valid UK driving licence
- CMS skills
- Good analytical skills and understanding of site metrics
- All-round PC skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Google Analytics and Adwords skills
- 3-4 years search marketing experience, ideally working on an e-commerce website
- Used to working with large sets of data
- Working within a busy team
- Managing a high number of projects simultaneously
- Huge passion for search engine and PPC marketing
- Technical and analytical mindset
- Organisational and planning skills
- Strong background in Web Analytics, Conversion and Usability
- Copywriting and proofing skills
- Commercial awareness
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Reporting & administrative capability
- Marketing skills
- Successful interaction with colleagues
- PC skills
- Fluent in other European languages a distinct advantage
Apply for the Job:
Please fill out the form below. This form will be sent directly to the person involved in recruiting for these roles (the email is not sent to me).